Sunday, June 2, 2013

Our Meet-Cute...

Barricade about 5 minutes after I brought him home from the shelter.
Best Christmas gift ever...

A week before Christmas, last year, my friend who runs North Mississippi Great Dane Rescue called and asked me to pick up a Great Dane/Mastiff mix named Barricade from my local shelter. The shelter apparently didn't have a kennel large enough for Barricade to sleep in. I was supposed to pick him up and take him to another foster because my house was *full,* or so I thought. It was love at first sight. I immediately called Trista at NMSGDR and told her (politely asked) that I was going to be keeping Barricade at my house. Obviously, because he is so irresistible I wasn't able to let him go.
Barricade and me on Christmas Eve, 2012
Barricade and I met at the perfect time in my life. Last Christmas was the first Christmas I had with out my parents, because they both passed away unexpectedly. I like to tell myself that Barricade was their Christmas gift to me. They saw that he was sad because he didn't have a home and I was sad because I missed them so they brought us together. So, thanks Mommy & Daddy! Best Gift ever!

If you would like more information about adopting a Great Dane please visit www.NorthMissGreatDanes.com.

Don't shop, adopt. 

-Barricade's Mom 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise